UX Designer / Consultant
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees. We experienced 78 percent growth in 2016 and are a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.We are adding to our team and are looking for a UX designer. Do you have a creative, innovative, and inspiring personality with great empathy and strong passion for design to deliver the best user experience and bespoke apps? Are you a true team player who is eager to roll up your sleeves and get the job done as part of an exceptional and passionate team of Experts? If so, come and join our awesome team!
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Bringing UX skills and product expertise to our largest and most strategic customers and advise and guide them how to maximize UX in their application portfolio and organization.
- Translating business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting into visually attractive, efficient and intuitive (mobile) user applications.
- Communicating those designs to customers as well as your development team, not only sharing the results but also on why your designs came to be as they are.
- Enabling our partners and customers by integrating UX in an Agile environment using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups and great looking applications for our customers and prospect.
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and best practices.
- Working on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design.
- Proven work experience as a UX designer, ideally within an Agile environment.
- Experience in designing mobile friendly websites and web based applications.
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- A solid understanding of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap with proven Photoshop or Illustrator experience.
- Advanced language skills in Dutch and English. Fluency in Dutch is a must have