Junior Support Engineer
Technical – R&D /
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
The Support Team:
We are investing in our momentum by growing our Support team with young professionals that are willing and able to learn on the job. The team is filled with customer focused individuals. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work, as well as our customer's overall success. We enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Mendix. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product and the quality of our support services. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence.
Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused and all about providing exceptional services to our customers. If you recently graduated or if you are in the last year of your study and are looking for a job to kick start your career in the Mendix Community, then Mendix is for you.
*Please note that we are not supporting relocation for this position.
You'll help us drive digital Innovation when you:
- Take ownership of submitted platform and product issues. Work with active customers to resolve platform and application development / deployment issues;
- Investigate, reproduce and troubleshoot reported issues and identify a suitable solution or root cause within our platform infrastructure and software;
- Clearly communicate reported issues to the respective R&D team, Product Manager and Customer Success Manager, and manage cross-functional coordination with these teams;
- Work with minimal supervision on issues that require the ability to make independent decisions and discretion;
- Effectively manage time and prioritise daily tasks based on the severity of the problem and the level of business impact on the customer;
- Set and maintain customer expectations by adhering to the agreed Service Level Agreement and prioritisation of the reported incidents.
You're the Innovator we need if you:
- Are a high-energy professional that loves to engage with the customer to solve any challenges they might face;
- Have a B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent;
- Have excellent communicative skills, both written and verbally (English);
- Are passionate for technology and have strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Are well-organized, flexible and can keep an overview of all your tasks;
- Have an understanding of and interest in programming languages, integration, relational databases, and/or public Cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Azure);
- Experience in a customer facing technical support or consultancy role, or other relevant work experience is a pre.
Does it sound like you?
Then share your CV with us and apply today!
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.