Professional Services Practise Lead EMEA South
Brussels | Paris | Rotterdam /
Expert Services /
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
We are looking for a Professional Services Practise Lead with hands-on experience in providing high-quality services in the enterprise software industry who can further develop the Mendix Expert Services team in the South of EMEA and who can support our consultants with their day to day activities.
Mendix has a fast-growing customer network and our Expert Services team plays an important role in driving adoption on our Low Code, Cloud-based and Agile development platform to develop multiple web- and mobile apps. You will oversee multiple client implementations at our strategic customers in the South of Europe and are responsible for the continuous and successful delivery of milestones, deliverables by providing an innovative experience.
Your Role as a Professional Services Practise Lead EMEA South:
- Lead a team, both locally and remotely, project engagements, delegating tasks and managing team personal and professional requirements.
- Run all aspects of customer projects including resource management, financial planning and project planning.
- Build, manage and drive customer relationships, becoming a long-term trusted advisor.
- Lead professionally as a senior team member within Mendix Expert Services, setting an example and providing support to more junior team members.
- Drive innovation and improvement to our existing customers and offerings to ensure that we are continuously improving.
- Working in partnership with Customer Success Managers assist in developing our strategic accounts, always looking for up or cross-sell opportunities
- Recruit, select and develop skilled professionals
- Ability to hire, mentor, manage and ensure the performance of a team;
- Build SOWs, manage scope, deliverables, outcomes and go-live timeline in delivery
- Proactively keep track of objectives and build-in governance with engineering-level, management-level or executive level and assure alignment and progress.
- Ensure broad adoption of the Mendix Platform within key accounts and stakeholders, architects, testers, UX / UI designers, program managers.
- Assure timely and accurate administration of the services hours to be invoiced and keep track of budgets
- Ensure quality delivery of services without compromise on all Mendix implementations
- Secure customer success and work with our customers towards broad adoption of the Mendix Platform.
- Organize retrospectives with the team to learn and improve the quality of services, innovation and efficiency
- Contributes to improvement business cases and roadmaps
- Master degree in Business Administration or IT
- Experienced People manager of an eager group of consultants
- Background in custom application development
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Delivery Manager / Professional Services Practice Lead in a commercial environment preferably in enterprise software development.
- Superb communication skills in French and English, additional relevant languages will be a plus (Dutch, Italian, Spanish)
- Focus on quality and the success of our customers; our highest priority is satisfied customers. Even if this means you need to push back to customer requests in order to make maximize success.
- Commercial mindset; you understand Mendix’ commercial ambitions and can translate these ambitions to the way you interact with our customers and partners
- Capable of using a consultative/solution selling approach to senior business decision-makers by reinforcing value of Mendix to customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities;
- Understand the implication of change through the implementation of technology to the business;
- Strong structural work methods, multitasking and time management skills;
- Solid problem solving and assertive consultative skills.
- There is a need for travel flexibility, but travel varies from 0-80%; typical is probably 50% a week with most projects being based in the South of Europe (France, Spain, Italy)
Mendix enables business change by simplifying collaboration between business and IT. Mendix’s Agile Business Platform™ is an enterprise-class Platform-as-a-Service solution for agile application lifecycle management in the cloud - it rapidly develops, deploys and manages enterprise applications that smoothly integrate with existing systems. Mendix has over 20,000-users worldwide and has been recognized by leading analyst firm Gartner as the Leading Vendor Mendix is a global company part of the Siemens AG group. For more information please visit http://www.mendix.com.
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.