Cloud Operations Engineer
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- EU passport OR you live in the Netherlands
- Investigating infrastructure related issues and providing suitable solutions;
- Building bridges between Mendix Support (1st line) and 3rd line support: our SRE, R&D and Expert Services teams;
- Working with state of the art technology: AWS, Cloud Foundry and with our own Cloud Infrastructure based on Xen;
- Improving the reliability of our systems and automating common procedures.
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- A Bachelor or Master in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience as a system administrator / technical support;
- Adequate communicative skills, both written and verbally;
- IaC Terraform in combination with AWS experience;
- Passion for technology and strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- An understanding of cloud architecture/deployment and infrastructure services like web servers, load balancing, SSL/TLS/X509, VPN and setting up these services in a reliable, scalable and secure way;
- Experience in cloud deployment and infrastructure services (Cloud Foundry is a bonus);
- Experience with the following is also a plus: Puppet, Python, Relational databases (PostgreSQL).
Experience a culture like no other at Mendix:
- Relaxed environment with the coolest view in the Netherlands, and great view of the Erasmusbrug;
- Intelligent and fun colleagues;
- Free soda and snacks (and beers on Friday);
- Fully-stocked buffet lunch;
- Standard equipment is dual 24'' monitors, a high-end notebook (maxed out ThinkPad T490s is default), docking station, a great keyboard (current selection includes Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, Das Keyboard Model S, Das Keyboard 4, Code Keyboard).
Sought personality type:
- Proactive, emphatic and approachable.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Effective communicator.
- Great attitude but a critical thinker.
- Creative and open minded.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.