Systems Administrator, Shanghai
Business Enablement and Support – Information Technology /
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global IT Support team in APAC. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun and are looking for team members that share similar motivations.
As an IT Support Engineer at Mendix based in Shanghai, China - you will provide a superior level of support both internally and externally across the APAC region. You will be responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software. Lastly, you will be working with modern cloud technology in one of the fastest growing markets that is low-code.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues in a Windows/MacOS environment
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripherals, network equipment
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and business applications, i.e: Salesforce, Dropbox, Office 365 and other cloud-based technology
- Provide support for other office equipment, including desks, phones, networked printers and copiers
- Respond to requests for assistance in-person, over the phone, via email, and ticketing system.
- Support endpoint protection
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware, software, and licenses
- Coordinate with external vendors for infrastructure maintenance and development
- Order hardware and arrange onboarding equipment and shipments for new joiners
- Ideally a BA/BS in Information Technology or related discipline is preferred, or equivalent experience within IT
- Familiar with various hardware equipment
- Experience in a cloud first environment
- Good knowledge of Windows 10, Apple Devices and Mac OsX (Linux experience would be beneficial)
- Familiarity with networking technologies, especially Ethernet, WLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Office 365 Solutions
- Basic knowledge of Endpoint protection/Encryption
- Experience with mobile device management for Windows (Intune) and MacOS (Jamf) - would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; will be dealing with vendors, various team members, etc.
- Quick learner with effective problem-solving skills, and ability to find solutions to new and complex issues
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to keep track of multiple projects and issues independently
- Fluency in both the English & Mandarin Languages
- Wiling to travel within the APAC region
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to a onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.