Sales Development Representative
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications at scale. Recognized as a market leader by Gartner and Forrester, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including GE, Wells Fargo, State of NY, and University of Pennsylvania use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency. We help our customers build better applications, faster, and provide them the business value of both accelerated time to revenue as well as significant cost take out for the projects they build on Mendix. Year over year growth was 88% in the first half of 2018 and that rate is expected to continue in the foreseeable future.
Mendix has recently announced the acquisition by Siemens, a move that puts Mendix in a league of its own financially. At 14x revenue the valuation is nearly twice that of any player in the space, and when coupled with the commitment by Siemens to invest an additional $1.1B into Mendix, the investment is the largest infusion of capital in the sector. Mendix will continue to operate as an independent operating unit within the $14B Siemens Software Group and the current leadership of Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder, and his Executive Team, stays intact and continues to lead the Mendix organization.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be part of a highly energetic, high-performance sales culture. You will be the first point of contact for prospects arriving from our demand generation programs as well as outbound efforts.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Achieving daily/weekly call metrics, Sales Opportunity creation and progression to Qualified Opportunity
- Following up on the hottest Marketing Qualified Leads, who have interacted with Mendix in a specific way, warranting outreach
- Working closely with other SDRs, as well as the Marketing, and Sales teams
- Partnering with Account Executives within your assigned Sales Unit, to focus on target accounts through developing outreach strategy focusing on persona, industry and company
- Setting up outbound calling campaigns on target accounts, that focus on call cadences and outbound email best practices
- Finding the right decision makers and/or influencers within accounts, and engaging in conversations to educate them on low-code and the Mendix Platform, while uncovering their company challenges in app development
- Establishing customer relationships with the "decision making unit" through conversations, such as C-levels, IT Managers, and other influencers, and scheduling and hosting discovery calls
- Hosting discovery calls to continue the conversation and perform adequate discovery to determine if an account is a Mendix Fit, along a specific set of criteria
- Progress the right accounts through the sales process and work with Account Executives to hand off the customer
- Staffing our booth during industry events to drive awareness and pipeline generation
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- 1-3 years of experience in enterprise software sales as a BDR/SDR or Inside Sales
- Excellent phone and written communications skills
- The desire to master this role and take on new challenges
- Natural curiosity to continue personal learning of technology and uncovering customer needs and challenges