Software Engineer in Test - Mobile
Technical – R&D /
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
Why we like it here:
- We are developing front-end as well as back-end oriented features
- We are not working on a simple app; but an app that makes apps.
- We have challenging topics that only a few companies cope with
- We are changing the way software will be developed in the future
- We're thorough as well as pragmatic. We like thinking as well as acting.
- We choose the solution to our problems with the stack to support that
- At regular intervals, we go on a team evening to socialize and have fun outside of work. Last time we went to an escape room and had dinner and drinks afterwards
You could be our new team member if:
- You are a test engineer with strong affinity for development or a developer, who is specialized in and with strong affinity for the testing side of development
- You can think with the developers, but also out of the box. You like to understand the product in a way others cannot and want to find edge cases we never thought of.
- You'll write test frameworks, setup performance and automated tests in collaboration with the team
- You have affinity for both front-end and back-end testing. You work with Selenium, Appium, Detox, native test frameworks, Puppeteer, Native Emulators or anything else, we have a place for it
- You don't hesitate to set up a new framework or work with a new language
- You want to become part of a work environment in which your ideas are valued
- You're comfortable working as part of a scrum team
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.