Product Owner (Data Hub)
Data Hub (R&D) /
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Data Hub group:
In the Data Hub group, we’re building an innovative low-code data integration platform called Data Hub. Our product aims to solve a fundamental challenge for businesses: enabling people to take the data across their company and use it effectively. Data Hub takes on the challenge of getting rid of all the friction of trying to find and use data by offering a solution that simplifies this process from start to finish.
Data Hub is the newest member of the Mendix Product family, and because of this our product group will be operating as a start-up within Mendix. This presents a rather unique opportunity to experience a period of hyper growth combined with the perks of being part of a larger company. You can expect ample opportunity for both personal as professional growth.
This is what awaits you:
You are passionate about delivering the best solution for our customers. You enjoy working closely with development teams to ensure they have everything they need to successfully build software.
Your goal is to give the development teams the right context they need to implement the best solutions. You represent the customer perspective and ensure requirements are met to the users needs.
- As a Product Owner, you will be working closely with a Product Manager to translate business goals into a value increment for our software
- You will collaborate with other Product Managers to align on impact on roadmap/dependencies
- You will work with UX and architecture to detail out potential solutions to solve defined market problems
- You will work with development teams to refine those solutions and get them ready for implementation
- Continue to work with development teams to ensure the refined solution is implemented and supports solving the market problem
- Provide input and collaborate to ensure documentation and enablement materials are created
This is what will help you be successful:
- You truly understand our customers, you have ideally worked in a position that had you work with clients directly or indirectly before
- You bring people together, you have worked with diverse, remote, and cross-functional teams before and achieved great things together
- You are comfortable with working in a flexible and fast-paced environment where structures still need to be defined
- You have experience working within a remote-first culture and a decentralized team.
- You can put yourself in our customers shoes, you have experience with software development and more specifically, with integrations
- You are not afraid to open to hood and see what's underneath, you have a technical background and are familiar with software models, programming languages, etc.
- You are pragmatic, because sometimes we need to make tough calls to move things forward.
If you have one of those, even better:
- Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum.
- Experience creating, prioritizing and communicating roadmaps
- You have hands-on experience in using the Mendix Low-Code Platform and also about the overall Mendix Platform Architecture - ideal is additional knowledge and experience with the Mendix Data Hub
- You have experience working within an international environment and/or customer base
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.