Senior Software Engineer - Access Management
Technical – R&D /
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Our Governance teams need to take care of a complex workflows without customer friction. Within this domain we have teams working on a couple of topics:
- Giving customers insight and management of the licenses and resources purchased and used
- Giving customer easy management of access control of platform users
- Giving customers the ability to manage their users and application landscape in a self service manner
- Enabling friction-less authentication and authorisation across our platform for our customers
You will be working for our access management domain. Our teams are independent but alignment is needed as topics have overlap. You will be able to interact and work closely with the other teams within our Governance domain.
We do drink our own champagne so knowledge or interest to work with the Mendix low-code stack is part of the job.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Assuring that our access management runs smoothly and securely. It's an integral part of our customer's setup and is in use for their mission-critical systems
- Conquering technical challenges by finding innovative solutions. You'll have the opportunity to harness all your skills to make a difference in your role
- Always have a customer-first approach
- Have a high standard of quality, this is non-optional for you
We’re looking for you if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience
- You understand the DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
- You know how to lead by example
- You have a home address within the Randstad area in the Netherlands or are open to relocate to the Netherlands.
- Are willing to work with the Mendix low-code application development suite. Twenty per cent of your time will be in this domain
- You strive in unknowns and welcome challenges along the way. You are able to strike a balance between experimenting and pragmatism
- Are able to find the right tool/language for the problem. Currently, we work in Go, Python and Java
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
- Containerization technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker
- Worked with Agile framework
As a person you are/have:
- Approachable, open-minded
- An effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
- With a great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
- Strive for mastery in anything you do or own
- Detailed oriented
- Boundaryless and take ownership
- A critical thinker
- Creative and solution-oriented
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.