Senior UX/UI Designer
Rotterdam | Amsterdam | London /
Expert Services /
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
Are you the Senior UX Designer to join the growing Expert Services team? Do you have a creative and innovative personality with a strong passion for design? Are you driven to deliver the best user experience and bespoke applications? Are you comfortable leading a team and at the same time rolling up your sleeves to get the job done?
If so, come and join our awesome team!
You’ll Help Our Customers Drive Digital Innovation By:
- Supporting and advising customers, as well as partners, in enabling them to become self-sufficient with maximizing the User Experience of their applications on the Mendix platform.
- Working on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
- Being hands-on and playing an intrinsic part of the app development process using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of multiple phases; through hosting design thinking workshops using product canvas (product vision, personas, user journeys), creating the first wireframes and eventually translating them into slick UI designs for our customers and prospects.
- Developing Design kits and re-usable UI elements using CSS, HTML5
- You will leverage the Mendix Atlas UI Framework to implement or enable the client to implement the beforementioned designs into their application(s) – Responsive, PWA or Native - based on best practices in terms of UX and scalability.
- Mentoring and coaching your fellow Expert Services UX Developers
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and best practices.
You’re The Innovator We Need If You Have:
- At least 4 years of UX design (proven) work experience, ideally within an Agile environment.
- You thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience in working with and for customers is a strong pro.
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design.
- Experience in designing mobile-friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Minimum of one year experience of front-end implementation using CSS, HTML5, ReactNative styling skills are a pro.
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- Ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, hand-coded HTML/CSS, Sketch, FigmaInvision, AfterEffects or others.
- Ability to work directly with engineers when needed (Often PhD level)
- Advanced language skills in English. Dutch is a pro.
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems
- And last but not least: you love to travel to all the customers within our projects (travel will resume after the COVID-19 restrictions subside)
- Experience of Mendix or other high productivity development platform
Nice to have:
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.