Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Technical – R&D /
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with experience in Deep Learning to join Mx Assist group.
In this role, you will work in intersection of the two pioneering areas: AI & ML and low code.
Mx Assist group is building innovative AI and ML capabilities that change the future of software development. The team is responsible for researching, innovating, and building AI & ML features to integrate with Mendix Platform to empower the developers to develop apps smartly (AI-Assisted Development) with features like (low) code completion and develop smart apps (AI-as-a-Service.) With features such as ML deployment toolkit.
Our recent AI & ML innovations have been frequently cited by Gartner and Forrester as evidence of the state of the art innovation in AI-Assisted Software Development.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process.
In this role, you will work on AI technologies to enhance low code application development. You will develop and execute based on both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective trade-offs between business impact and a high-quality technical foundation.
You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Mendix.
The personality we are searching for:
- Enjoy solving challenges by understanding them and deconstructing them into sophisticated, understandable code.
- Are able to break challenges down to iteratively build the solution with short feedback cycles.
- Have a good understanding of core concepts of computer science and apply them regularly.
- Are persistently curious and have strong analytical skills that help you ask extraordinary questions.
- Are always learning and innovating in your work, staying up-to-date in your field.
- Will investigate existing functionality to refactor and add new functionality.
- Prefer to work in a team instead of working in isolation.
- Like to learn from others and coach and mentor to help others be successful.
- Take ownership for the quality of your work by identifying risks and testing it.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning: foundational concepts, metrics, model training, deployment and evaluation.
- Proficiency in Data Science: foundational concepts of data analysis, model creation, hypothesis checking, model performance analysis and scenarios analysis.
- Experience with shallow models (Regression, Decision Trees, etc) and Deep Learning (Transformer models and sequence models such as LSTM, RNNs, etc).
Tech Stack (depends on the project):
- Languages: One of JVM languages (Java, Scala).
- Technologies/Services: Airflow, AWS Infra, Spark, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SciKit, Kubernetes, Terraform.
A nice plus to have:
- Knowledge and practical experience on Machine Learning Engineering Design Patterns, Transformer architecture.
- Experience with building software design tools or code analysis tools.
- Solid understanding and usage of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design, validated principles.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary with regular reviews and opportunities for advancement.
- 30 days PTO.
- Hybrid work environment with 2-3 days in the office.
- Work from anywhere up to 4 weeks per year.
- Career development training and opportunities.
- Regular team events and outings like skiing trips.
- Excellent lunch at the office.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate a healthy work-life balance.
- A dedicated training budget for professional development.
- Various modes of travel to and from the office are covered by Mendix.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.