School Leadership – School Leadership /
As a Principal at The Menta Group, you will collaborate on the development of school plans and procedures for instruction, student’s social/emotional needs, safety, building procedures, and other building needs.
Flexible Start Date
- Support school-wide initiatives in special education
- Drive change by working alongside staff and students to improve academic and behavioral achievement and support the overall learning environment
- Lead the school by building high performing teams and responsibly manage work and people while enlisting others in the school vision
- Promote the success of students by creating an instructional program that continually strives to improve teaching and learning
- Create and maintain a school environment that focuses on students and emphasizes high academic expectations, a personal approach, caring, discipline, and order
- Encourage professional development and effectively supervise teachers and staff in order to improve student learning and academic achievement
- Confer with students, parents, and staff to resolve issues and problems
- PEL with Principal Certification is required
- PEL with LBS1 Certification is strongly preferred, but not required
- A strong knowledge of the IEP process and special education
- A strong knowledge of the PBIS model
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Benefit options include: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Insurance Programs
- Medical Insurance enrollment is available to full time employees on their date of hire. No waiting period.
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- 403(b) Investment Options
- Direct Employer Hire
C.O.R.E. (Cultivating an Optimal and Rigorous Education) is deeply committed to developing innovative strategies for ensuring that the children in our programs are achieving overall success. We maintain high expectations for our students, in terms of both academic and social-emotional growth. We understand the necessity of preparing students for success in post-secondary education, in careers, and as productive citizens of a changing 21st century world. Similarly, we maintain high expectations for ourselves as educators, using data and the problem-solving process to continue to improve our program and ensure positive outcomes for all of our students.
The staff at C.O.R.E. Academy are dedicated to seeing each child reaches their full potential by mastering Menta’s Profile of a Graduate competencies: critical thinker, innovator, collaborator, philanthropist and resilience. This is accomplished through classrooms that are designed to be active learning environments where young people have the opportunity to experience educational and behavioral success on a daily basis. Instructional methodologies coupled with online learning support encourages a growth mindset which is critical to mastering skills necessary for post-secondary life.
More About The Menta Group
The Menta Group’s mission is “To provide innovative solutions to critical problems in education and human services.” Menta brings a framework of educational practices that have been designed and are supported through evidence based practices. Menta’s collaborative process with various school and community stakeholders has resulted in programs designed to educate, support, challenge, empower and celebrate students who present with a range of academic, social and emotional needs. At the beginning of a student’s experience with Menta, a collaborative meeting is held that includes the student, significant people in their lives, Menta staff and other professionals as appropriate. During that meeting, a comprehensive assessment of the student’s past, present and future desires is used to establish a student centered plan (MAP) that serves as a foundation of the student’s Menta programming. A guiding principle of Menta is ‘we do not give up’, while also holding our students and staff to high expectations. The educational offerings at a Menta program provides students with a quality education that is designed to nurture and enhance the skills and maturity needed to meet the challenges of being productive adults and citizens in a rapidly changing 21st century world.
Menta’s programs utilize a unique curricular framework that relies on the Expanded Menta Method and Trauma Informed Practices as the foundational principles for the teaching, counseling and mentoring work done by our highly trained staff. Personalized learning is the hub of our strategic curricular design intended to meet the needs of every student. Starting with the end in mind (learning targets and academic goals), a leveraging of current technologies coupled with highly trained instructional facilitators creates a rich learning environment supporting all student needs. Menta’s learning spaces are unique and specially designed to combine traditional teacher/student interaction with state of the art technology and learning innovations. Those learning spaces are flexible and can accommodate a variety of learning activities, such as inquiry learning and project based learning. Our spaces are designed to mimic productive spaces learners would find in business and/or corporate environments, thereby helping students achieve a mind-set designed for adult learning and work.
Professional Associations and/or Partnerships
The Menta Group affiliates are members/partners with CEC, CASE, Autism Speaks, ASBA, AAPSEC, AASA, CCSSO, SEAA, ASCD, and many more associations that focus on the education of children with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.