Sr. Product Owner - #1392
United States /
Research & Development – 820 - Product Management /
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of product by identifying and prioritizing features for the development team. The Product Owner must understand the needs, strategic objectives, and industry norms of all of MeridianLink’s clients in order to be able to clearly express feature request. Therefore, it is essential that you coordinate and communicate with not only external stakeholders but internal teams as well.
The Product Owner is a key part of the cross-functional success of the product and the business. At MeridianLink, Product Owners are set on a fast track towards more senior product roles.
• Responsible for the success of the product by maximizing the output of the development team within a scrum framework.
• Responsible for ordering backlog, clearly expressing the product backlog items, ordering the items to best achieve goals and optimize the value of the work the team performs.
• Participate in stand-up meetings, lead sprint planning, and facilitate product demos.
• Create and communicate clear business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria that translate business needs into clear work items submitted into sprints.
• Work closely with customers, business stakeholders, product managers, and technical teams to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize, and communicate needs to ensure full understanding of project scope, objectives, and requirements.
• High organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• A professional, action-oriented approach to delivering excellent client service, with the talent of effectively solving escalated issues
• Polished and professional verbal and written communications skills, with the capability to explain complex concepts to audiences of all skill levels
• A thorough understanding of web-based applications, ability to quickly learn new software concepts
• Strong understanding of, and track record in software development
• High learning orientation and desire to coach and mentor staff
• Understanding of business implications of decisions
• Minimum five years of experience in software development or consulting in the financial services industry
• Experience serving as a Product Owner for mortgage technology strongly preferred
• Experience with managing staff and external clients preferred
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other hard science.
• PMP certification a plus
MeridianLink enables entrepreneurs and consumers to achieve the American dream by creating technological solutions that fuel the engine for financial growth. We believe in the principles of empowerment, collaboration, individual achievement, and innovation.
At MeridianLink, we work together to design, implement, test, and deliver state-of-the-art web applications for the financial services industry.
Our very low turnover is a testament to our wonderful culture where people value the work they do and appreciate each other for their contributions. MeridianLink develops our employees so they can grow professionally by preferring to promote from within. We have an open door policy with direct access to executives; we want to hear your ideas and what you think. Our company believes that to be productive in the long term, we must have a genuine work-life balance. We understand that employees have families and full lives outside of the office. To that end, we honor their personal commitments.
Salary range of $104,000-$146,800. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. The actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
• Opportunities to advance your career. Each employee receives assignments that are aligned with their experience, passions, and strengths with the intentions of enhancing their professional career.
• Excellent benefits: 401(k) retirement plan with company matching and paid sick leave for all employees. In addition, full time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, plus vacation time.
• MeridianLink is a Remote-First company. However, we also have multiple locations to allow our team members to work on-site and/or host meetings with clients.
MeridianLink has a wonderful culture where people value the work they do and appreciate each other for their contributions. We develop our employees so they can grow professionally by preferring to promote from within. We have an open-door policy with direct access to executives; we want to hear your ideas and what you think. Our company believes that to be productive in the long term, we must have a genuine work-life balance. We understand that employees have families and full lives outside of the office. To that end, we honor their personal commitments.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background check, credit check, and drug test as part of our offer process.
Insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
Flexible paid time off
401(k) plan with company match
All compensation and benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the underlying plans or programs, as applicable and as may be amended, terminated, or superseded from time to time.