Custodial Services Associate
Millbrae, CA /
People Operations /
At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
Merit believes that truth and trust can change the world. Our platform helps organizations create, send and verify licenses, credentials and other people-based statements of truth, known as merits. Members in turn benefit by taking control of their valuable personal information while shaping their future based on the opportunities that they are uniquely qualified for.
About the Role
- We are seeking to hire a Custodial Services Associate to join our People Ops team in the effort to support our other departments. Your role is to support maintaining a first-class work environment, ensuring high levels of organization, cleanliness, and safety. An ideal candidate is a self starting multi-tasker who is able to work independently on day-to-day tasks and collaboratively on special jobs as they arise.
- Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time position, based in Millbrae, CA.
- Clean and restock our break rooms on both the first and third floor
- Restock conference rooms with supplies as needed/ at least once weekly
- After hours cleaning - vacuuming both units, wiping down whiteboards and conference room tables, washing dishes, erasing scuff marks, windexing third floor unfrosted door area, deep cleaning 1x/ quarter
- Track inventory of snacks and communicate reorders to Office Manager Track inventory of office supplies and communicate reorders to Office Manager
- Assist People Ops team in putting up/tearing down decorations
- Assist People Ops Coordinator with setting up new hire desks
- Assist in set up/ tear down special events at Millbrae location
- Act as a handyman for appropriate tasks, such as constructing prefabricated furniture, hanging shelving, minor repairs as needed
- Perform special assignments and projects as needed.
- Independent Worker
- No Contractors
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.