Corporate Marketing Specialist
Come make a real difference for all Americans
It’s not everyday that companies are told they’re saving lives, livelihoods, and businesses. At Merit, this happens on the regular. Our technology is relied on in mission critical, real-world situations in sectors that span workforce development, emergency services, licensing, and education. Think things like deploying in 48 hours to aid in hurricane response, combatting learning loss among children recovering from Covid-19, and helping military spouses secure their next job.
Our platform is making it possible for state governments to digitally create, manage, and protect their citizens’ valuable assets–their earned credentials.
Come help us take Merit from ‘startup to scaleup,’ making it a name that’s instantly trusted and embraced by all–governors, state agency administrators, and citizens alike.
Our community means everything to us–full stop. We’ve hired people we’ve met at conferences, we’ve negotiated multi-million-dollar deals from showroom floor conversations, and we’ve documented users saying, “Merit saved my business,” online. These stories are common to us, but not to the personas we’re aiming to attract. With our new Corporate Marketing Specialist, it’s our ambition to change this. We’re seeking a bright, creative addition to our marketing team to own, grow, and cultivate the Merit facing brand in our most important rooms and stages (at events and online). As the Corporate Marketing Specialist, you’ll be an integral part of Merit’s growing brand, communications and field marketing team, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure both smart, on-brand strategy and flawless execution.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive field marketing plan to build brand awareness and deal influence, ultimately leading to customer acquisition through IRL and digital events, social programming, and our homegrown Friends of Merit program
- Own the end-to-end event execution, including trade shows, conferences, executive dinners, lunch and learns, webinars and other industry-related events
- Work with Design and Product Marketing to develop event collateral, including signage, swag, and branded giveaways
- Organizational lead of Merit’s event scheduling, budget, and relevant lead list
- Partnering with our agencies and team, define and drive Merit’s organic social media presence that aligns with the overall marketing strategy, fostering engagement with the Merit brand
- Secure speaking opportunities, award nominations, and other industry-related accolades to increase Merit's brand visibility and profile
- Analyze, report, and iterate on the performance of field and social initiatives, using data to meaningfully improve
- Be the ‘glue’ across the marketing department–relying on excellent communication, general marketing sensibilities, and creative ideation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field is a plus
- 3-5+ years of experience in field marketing, event planning, social media or a related field
- Public sector and startup experience strongly preferred
- Adept in Hubspot strongly preferred
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns, including events and social media
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to analyze data and use insights to meaningfully improve
- Experience managing budgets, negotiating with vendors, and executing contracts
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Fun spirit with can do attitude
$95,750 - $125,650 a year
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit.The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.