Senior Software Engineer - Automation
Millbrae, CA /
At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
Merit is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test to join our recently created test engineering team. You will be building automation test suites and repeatable test processes for our web applications, mobile applications and APIs. You will be responsible for creating test plans and ensure test execution via our CI/CD pipeline. This role requires that you are able to take initiative, are comfortable presenting innovative ideas and eliminating manual inefficiencies. If you’re interested in ensuring quality of our entire platform and application artifacts and you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Work with product team to gather and verify requirements for test scenarios
- Provide input during the feature design process
- Create test plans that provide 100% coverage and execute tests
- Design and develop a variety of test suites for integration, regression and stress tests
- Adhere to highest coding standards and proper code organization, structure and code reviews
- Continuously research new and better automated testing tools
- Be an active participant in iterating and improving engineering processes
- Have a strong voice about the quality of the platform and be a customer champion inside the organization
- 4+ years of test engineering and/or software engineering experience
- Proven track record of creating test automation frameworks and implementing test suites for web, mobile and REST APIs
- Experience with Git based workflows and build tools for continuous integration such as Jenkins
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Experience at a startup or as the initial member of quality engineer is a great plus
- Degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.