Account Manager- Louisiana
At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to support in executing the cross-functional strategy to drive adoption of the Merit platform across targeted industries.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time remote position based in Louisiana.
- Work with Industry Manager to thoroughly understand the inner-workings of the target industry and the industry strategy
- Source, onboard, and maintain client relationships across target industries.
- Support customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in person meetings.
- Once on-boarded, act as the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers.
- Monitor and analyze customer’s usage of our product.
- Continuously develop client relationships and up-sell new products to existing customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years business development, or sales experience.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills, as demonstrated through previous experience
- Ability to prepare a presentation and present to both a formal and informal audience
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated self-starter
- A passion for Merit’s mission
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the country as needed
- Experience in political, labor, public service, or community organizing preferred but not required
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.