Product Marketing Lead
Webinars / Remote /
At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
About the Role
- Merit’s marketing team is looking for an experienced product marketer to spearhead go-to-market plans, early-stage product exploration, betas, and powerful launches that drive growth and adoption in a B2B2C marketplace. This role will closely collaborate across the marketing, business development, product, and customer success teams. You'll play a key role in bringing our product offering to a critical new expansion/phase which requires clear, sophisticated, and cohesive message and strategy.
- Become an expert in verified identity and our platform’s capabilities through strong customer research on an ongoing basis to generate quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights to influence strategy and inform positioning, go-to-market plans, and the product roadmap
- Craft differentiated messaging and positioning informed by strong customer/market research and insights across our multi-sided marketplace including value proposition design and target customer identification for new verticals, features, and offerings.
- Translate technical features and functionality into clear and compelling customer narratives with a focus on positioning, differentiated customer benefits, and use cases.
- Support our customer-facing teams to improve sales/support efficiency through high-impact sales enablement including messaging, pitches, collateral, and solutions-focused communications.
- Build and scale standard methodologies to drive efficient solutions, adoption, and launches, partnering with the broader marketing team to execute campaigns that drive new signups, expansion, and/or product adoption.
- Devise and test pricing strategies and planning with a focus on driving business results. Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership.
- Identify new market opportunities, consistently incorporating customer insights, market research, and cross-functional feedback.
- 7+ years in product marketing or a related role.
- Curiosity about helping customers solve real-world problems.
- Command of narrative and powerful storytelling – written, verbal, and visual – that helps propel usage, adoption, and market momentum.
- Passion for learning new products, industries, and diving into technical details. Strong analytical capabilities, especially the demonstrated ability to distinguish between signal and noise to make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Outstanding prioritization/project management skills, and cross-functional collaboration record.
- Data-driven and experimental in how you approach and measure your work.
- Proven ability to build and scale analytically rigorous programs and campaigns from scratch.
- Experience operating in a hyper-growth environment.
- Bonus: Experience marketing to developers, government, and/or regulated industries, experience working in a multi-sided marketplace.
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.