Millbrae, CA /
People Operations /
At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record recruiting in an agency or high growth startup environment and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. This candidate must possess great communication skills, and be an expert at sourcing, identifying, and generating technical talent pipelines. You make the candidate experience delightful and manage it from end to end.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be given the opportunity to ‘own’ your role, this means you'll be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about working with the people, tools and systems to find solutions to new challenges. This is a full-time position, based in Millbrae, CA (or remote within the contiguous 48 states), with travel requirements within the CA region and occasionally elsewhere.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process for Engineering team at Merit
- Partner with hiring manager to understand their organizational objectives and drive a customized hiring plan to achieve those
- Create unique strategies to identify, attract, and engage with the best talent from branding and events to sourcing and referrals
- Manage candidates in process to provide them with the most delightful candidate experience
- Mentor fellow members of the recruitment team on best practices
- Build processes that will help the recruitment team scale its efforts for years to come
- Build, develop and execute a strategy for technical roles, specifically in IT, Security and Software Engineering
- 5+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience, specifically for software engineers at a high growth start up
- Ability to understand and pitch technical content of engineering roles
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Ability to qualify a candidate and understand what each candidate brings to the table, as well as connect that candidate with the right opportunity at Merit
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels
- Detailed knowledge of ATS Lever and Technical Recruiting platforms Hired and Triplebyte
- Ability to understand Merit's mission and recruit top candidates who want to be a part of a well established start-up
- Experience with previous start-ups is preferred but not required
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.