Employer Partnerships Manager
Dallas Metro Area Site
Millions of Americans are underemployed, while U.S. employers are struggling to find talent with the skills they need. Merit America is building a large-scale pathway to skilled careers, with the goal of becoming the leading provider of accessible skill development for working adults without Bachelor’s degrees. We do this by:
1) Partnering with leading employers, small to medium sized enterprises, and recruiters;
2) Operating learning programs aligned to employer needs, which combine online learning + in-person wraparound support; and
3) Training Americans without college degrees to compete for in-demand roles.
A critical part of achieving our mission is our ability to secure and grow employer partnerships, which drive our work and enable our graduates to transition to upwardly mobile careers. We cultivate partnerships with major employers who have recurring hiring needs for skilled roles and have difficulty filling all of their openings. For these major partners, we work closely with them to develop learning tracks aligned to their roles. Whether we are partnering with a major corporation, a small or medium sized enterprise, or a recruiter, our goal is to provide them with a pipeline of trained, vetted Merit America graduates.
We are looking for a talented Employer Partnerships Manager to drive these critical partnerships that will enable us to scale our impact, and provide opportunity to hundreds of individuals in DFW.
- This role presents a significant growth opportunity to help build our program and local team, taking on increasing responsibility as the site grows from dozens to hundreds of learners, and thousands thereafter. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Build relationships with talent leaders at major employers, SMBs, and recruiting agencies
- Utilize local hiring and workforce data to inform strategic, targeted outreach and partner cultivation process
- Maintain and grow relationships with the local business community and chambers of commerce
- Lead the end-to-end partnership development and contracting process
- Understand the hiring challenges of local employers and how Merit America can help solve their challenges
- Serve as a thought leader in the broader education-for-employment space
- Develop a strategic engagement process for maintaining and strengthening partnerships once secured
- Liaise with employer partners to assess if Merit America is successfully solving their challenges and/or meeting their employment needs with our graduates
- Lead employer satisfaction process and spearhead continuous improvement initiatives in conjunction with Merit America site leads and program staff
- Work with Merit America program and site leads to inform recruiting and assessment of Merit program participants, based on employers’ needs
- Work with site lead and program team to understand learner strengths, weaknesses, desired work culture and potential employers that could be a fit
- Utilize employer network and establish process for providing information on quality candidates, forwarding opportunities to learners, setting up interviews, and tracking outcomes
- Follow up with employers to gauge success of Merit America learners in the interview process and provide feedback to coaches
- Ensure that at least 80% of every cohort has a successful job outcome within 3 months of program completion
- Work with alumni coach to provide opportunities to graduates who may be seeking new employment
Develop and oversee Merit America’s employer partner pipeline, including:
Manage Merit America’s employer partner relationships, including:
Secure job placement opportunities for Merit America graduates, including:
- At Merit America, we believe that if you can excel in the job, you should get the job - so we hire for skills, instead of specific experience or education requirements. That said, experience and education related to the skills outlined below is preferred.
Relationship-Building: Outstanding ability to build & sustain relationships with others, including understanding others’ goals and working to mutually solve others’ challenges - particularly with corporate partners and senior-level stakeholders. Background in recruiting, HR, or job placement/training programs is a plus.
Operational Excellence: Ability to manage your own schedule and balance multiple demands, with demonstrated success working in fast-paced environments and solving problems creatively, and delivering measurable results in terms of partnership development and retention.
Social-Impact Mindset: Desire to work directly with underserved populations and meaningfully improve their lives, and experience driving a “double bottom line” in terms of producing business and mission impact.
Professionalism & Communication: Highest standard of professional conduct and communication; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Entrepreneurial Drive: Resourcefulness, agility, and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly changing environments, including eagerness to wear multiple hats as needed and to help shape our start-up’s future.
Lifelong Learning: Commitment to lifelong learning and ongoing personal and professional development.
- Timing: Full-time position, with a flexible start date between Fall 2019 and early 2020. Interviews will start in September.
- Compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary with comprehensive benefits
Diversity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in workplaces that are fully inclusive, and include underrepresented individuals in terms of race, gender and/or socio-economic status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.