Employer Partnerships Manager
Washington, District of Columbia
Millions of Americans are underemployed, while U.S. employers are struggling to find talent with the skills they need. Merit America is building a large-scale pathway to these skilled careers, with the goal of becoming the leading provider of accessible skill development for working adults without Bachelor’s degrees. Our work includes:
1) Partnering with leading employers;
2) Operating learning programs aligned to employer needs, which combine online learning + in-person wraparound support; and
3) Serving Americans without college degrees through our programs.
A critical part of achieving our mission is our ability to secure and grow employer partnerships, which enable our graduates to transition to great new careers. We cultivate partnerships with a wide variety of employers (from international corporations to SMBs) in the geographies of our sites. These partnerships are critical for reaching our scale goals.
We are looking for a talented Employer Partnerships Manager to drive these critical partnerships on a local level that will enable us to scale our impact, and provide opportunity to tens of thousands of Americans.
- The Employer Partnerships Manager will have a dual role in HQ and the DC Program Site (both based in DC).
- HQ Responsibilities: Developing and disseminating local employer partnership strategies & processes to be used across sites, including:
- Developing a strategic engagement process for building and maintaining local employer partnerships - this could include marketing templates, KPIs for building partnerships, strategies for ongoing partnership maintenance, CRM processes, strategies to leverage alumni & mentors, and more
- Working with employer partnerships managers at Merit America’s other sites to implement the strategies & processes you develop, with an emphasis on also gathering and incorporating their feedback and ideas
- Leading employer satisfaction evaluation processes and spearheading improvement initiatives in conjunction with other Merit America team-members, including in areas such as recruiting, curriculum, etc.
- DC Site Responsibilities: Building and overseeing Merit America’s DC employer partner and placement pipeline to drive career outcomes, including:
- Building relationships with talent leaders at employers
- Utilizing local hiring and workforce data to inform strategic, targeted outreach and partner cultivation process
- Working to understand the hiring challenges of local employers and how Merit America can help solve their challenges
- Maintaining and growing relationships with company leaders, even if they have no immediate partnership needs
- Working with the Site Director and Career Coaches to identify the Merit America candidates best suited for each employer
- Working with the Site Director and Career Coaches to ensure career outcome goals are met, particularly that 80% of graduates secure new roles within 3 months of graduation
- Tracking and analyzing results of partnership efforts in order to allocate time and focus strategies on highest-value efforts
- At Merit America, we believe that if you can excel in the job, you should get the job - so we hire for skills, instead of specific experience or education requirements. That said, experience and education related to the skills outlined below is preferred.
- Relationship-Building: Outstanding ability to build & sustain relationships with others, including understanding others’ goals and working to mutually solve others’ challenges - particularly with senior-level, external stakeholders
- Operational Excellence: Ability to manage your own schedule and balance multiple demands, with demonstrated success working in fast-paced environments and solving problems creatively, and delivering measurable results in terms of partnership development & retention and in terms of strategy & process implementation
- Social-Impact Mindset: Desire to work directly with underserved populations and meaningfully improve their lives, and experience driving a “double bottom line” in terms of producing business and mission impact
- Professionalism & Communication: Highest standard of professional conduct and communication; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial Drive: Resourcefulness, agility, and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly changing environments, including eagerness to wear multiple hats as needed and to help shape our start-up’s future
- Lifelong learning: Commitment to lifelong learning and ongoing personal and professional development
- Full-time position, ideally starting in Fall 2019
- Competitive nonprofit salary
- Comprehensive benefits
Diversity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in workplaces that are fully inclusive, and include underrepresented individuals in terms of race, gender and/or socio-economic status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.