Director of Human Resources
⚡️ About Merkle Science
Merkle Science envisions a world powered by crypto. We are creating the infrastructure necessary to ensure the safe and healthy growth of this market, now at a $2 Trillion market cap. We are trailblazers and disruptors who are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals and corporations can transact with crypto safely.
Backed by leading venture capital firms, we enable businesses to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely. Our solutions provide next-generation crypto threat detection, risk management, and compliance for businesses, banks, and government agencies.
🌟 Team and Role
We are a global company with offices in Singapore, London, Bangalore, and New York. The Director of HR role is a hybrid role that will be located in our Bangalore, India location. This role will report into our SVP Finance and Operations and will lead our team of inside recruiters.
💥 What will you do?
- Manage all aspects of human resources including employee relations, performance management, recruiting and retention, benefits management and administration, compensation administration, training and employee development and compliance
- Design and maintain company-wide human resources policies, procedures and programs
- Lead company-wide continuous feedback and performance review process
- Assist in the management of company-wide benefit programs including review of existing benefits options and management of corporate benefits communications and open enrollment
- Lead the Talent Acquisition team to meet recruitment and retention goals
- Provide strategic input on implementing change strategies to improve working relationships, build employee engagement and retention
- Assist leadership with compensation management to include making salary recommendations for new hires and existing employees based upon job title, qualifications, performance, location, market and size of the company
- Manage and resolve occasional employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough investigations and serve as an objective, third party in mediating conflict
- Maintain responsibility for organizational compliance with regulations pertaining to employment and personnel matters
🙋 What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive HR experience with exposure to multiple functions (talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, talent management, training, benefits administration)
- Track record of scaling People, Talent and HR globally in a small to mid-scale environment in a rapid-growth environment
- In depth knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations in a global environment, with experience in US, UK and/or Singapore markets a plus
- Authentic leader who can think strategically while delivering on day-to-day transactional duties
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills
- Work comfortably in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage, train and mentor others
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, learning & development initiatives and hours that are designed to provide work/life balance. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental health.
We reward talent and believe in acknowledging people for their contributions. We offer industry-leading compensation, along with generous equity. As a rapidly growing business, there are endless opportunities to grow your career with Merkle Science.