HR Generalist/Recruiter, U.S
New York /
About Merkle Science
Merkle Science is a leader in crypto risk and compliance, providing next generation crypto threat detection, risk management and compliance tools for crypto businesses, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our growing solution suite includes transaction screening and wallet monitoring, crypto crime investigation tools, enhanced due diligence and entity reporting, and crypto compliance and investigation training.
Backed by leading venture capital firms Darrow Holdings, Kraken Ventures, Uncorrelated Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Fenbushi Capital, Kenetic, Lunex Ventures and the Singapore Government-supported deep technology fund, SGInnovate, we enable businesses to work with and transact with crypto/crypto businesses safely.
🌟 Team and Role
Merkle Science envisions a world powered by crypto. We are creating the infrastructure necessary to ensure the safe and healthy growth of this market, now at a $2 Trillion market cap. We are trailblazers and disruptors who are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals and corporations can transact with crypto safely. We are a global company with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Bangalore.
This role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to play a fundamental role in Merkle Science' geographic expansion. The company is seeking an HR Recruiter in the U.S. This person will also have some HR Generalist responsibilities. Preferred location is New York, but will consider remote for the right candidate.
We are scaling quickly and you would be the first Human Resources hire in the Americas. This will require you to be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once. This is a great opportunity for someone to help Merkle Science recruit great talent and gain experience across the HR function. We are looking for someone with a passion for talent acquisition, but is interested and able to execute other HR functions as well.
- Act as a consultative, talent subject matter expert by applying best practices for full lifecycle recruitment and strategic talent acquisition.
- Facilitate the end-to-end recruitment process; including strategic sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, selecting and onboarding new hires.
- Drive the development and implementation of comprehensive technical and non-technical recruitment plans by using innovative sourcing and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and hiring managers to develop a strong understanding of department culture, business strategy and talent profiles to deliver on the hiring needs of the business.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on market trends, competitive insights, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to attract, influence and convert hard to find talent through understanding of the organization and employee value proposition.
- Utilize recruitment tools such as our applicant tracking system for workflow tracking, communication, and management of candidatesFacilitate continuous improvement via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment analytics
- Manage Merkle Science Americas benefits program.
- Back up for U.S. payroll.
- General HR resource
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Highly organized, with strong program management, project management, or operational experience.
- Experience with HR and candidate tracking systems such as Lever and Bamboo HR.
- Have the ability to drive initiatives independently, executing the plans and key tasks from beginning to end.
- Operate in a professional manner while handling confidential information.
- Minimum 5+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience, across various technical and non-technical disciplines.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing and executing fully comprehensive strategic sourcing and recruitment plans.
- Familiarity with Google Drive suite (Sheets, Docs and Slides).
- Previous experience working in the FinTech or another very dynamic and fast-paced industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related fields is a plus.
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. We offer flexible time off, learning & development, and working hours that we have not heard a single complaint about! We respect your weekends and holidays also!
401k with 4% employer match
Competitive PTO and sick days
A fun and collaborative work environment