Senior Frontend Engineer(SDE II)
⚡️ About Merkle Science
We are known industry-wide for our predictive crypto risk & intelligence platform's best-in-class user experience and unmatched customizability. Our solutions provide next-generation crypto threat detection, risk management, and compliance for businesses, banks, and government agencies.
Our growing solution suite includes transaction screening and wallet monitoring, crypto crime investigation tools, enhanced due diligence and entity reporting, and crypto compliance and investigation training.
Backed by leading venture capital firms Darrow Holdings, Kraken Ventures, Uncorrelated Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Fenbushi Capital, Kenetic, Lunex Ventures and the Singapore Government-supported deep technology fund, SGInnovate, we enable businesses to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely.
🌟 Team and Role
Merkle Science envisions a world powered by crypto. We are creating the infrastructure necessary to ensure the safe and healthy growth of this market, now at a $2 Trillion market cap. We are trailblazers and disruptors who are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals and corporations can transact with crypto safely. We are a global company with offices in Singapore, London, Bangalore, and New York.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will be responsible for the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to working implementations, optimising client-side user experience by reducing response times, ensuring code quality and evaluating code through code-reviews.
💥 What will you do?
- Own our frontend engineering applications for two products each of which run as independent applications which query our backend systems via REST APIs
- Collaborate on a daily basis with a small, nimble team of product managers, engineers, and UX designers to understand business requirements and user experience goals and pain points.
- Write and review modular, reusable components and features (React.js / Vue.js) and integrate backend APIs to create a seamless frontend user experience
- Integrate third party plugins to enhance customer experience. These include 3rd party plugins which provide customer support and analytics plugins which help improve user experience we provide to customers.
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Work with our quality assurance team to improve coverage on our automated testing suites
🙋 What are we looking for?
- 3.5+ years of experience with at least 2 years working experience with frontend frameworks as React.js or Vue.js would be essential to working on our application stack.
- You actively promote a culture of engineering excellence some of which could be writing efficient code, use of elegant design patterns and styling your code through code-linting policies.
- You enjoy designing software architecture by collaborating with leads to explore existing systems, determining areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation.
- You have an eye for pixel perfect UI and micro-interactions.
👀 What process do we follow? (<2 weeks)
- Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through our job portal. All we ask for is a Resume. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome
- Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision within a week.
- Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would build frontend systems to solve a problem we will introduce on call.
- Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet two other colleagues on the team who you would be work with. Here, you could discuss questions on stack, culture and some other things you might be interested in if you had a consider a new role.
- Offer Rollout: If all looks well, we will open a bottle of champagne.
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, numerous learning & development initiatives where Merkle Science invests in employee development, and working hours that we have not heard a single complaint against. We respect your weekends too. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental well-being as well.
On the compensation front, we admire talent and believe in rewarding people for their inputs. Our compensation is best in class, and the whole process will be transparent from the very minute we speak to you.