Backend Engineer(SDE I)
⚡️ About Merkle Science
We are known industry-wide for our predictive crypto risk & intelligence platform's best-in-class user experience and unmatched customizability. Our solutions provide next-generation crypto threat detection, risk management, and compliance for businesses, banks, and government agencies.
Our growing solution suite includes transaction screening and wallet monitoring, crypto crime investigation tools, enhanced due diligence and entity reporting, and crypto compliance and investigation training.
Backed by leading venture capital firms Darrow Holdings, Kraken Ventures, Uncorrelated Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Fenbushi Capital, Kenetic, Lunex Ventures and the Singapore Government-supported deep technology fund, SGInnovate, we enable businesses to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely.
🌟 Team and Role
Merkle Science envisions a world powered by crypto. We are creating the infrastructure necessary to ensure the safe and healthy growth of this market, now at a $2 Trillion market cap. We are trailblazers and disruptors who are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals and corporations can transact with crypto safely. We are a global company with offices in Singapore, London, Bangalore, and New York.
💥 What will you do?
- You will write clean, maintainable and production ready code.
- Design the database & write efficient queries for high performance.
- Improve code quality by writing Unit tests (UTs), Integration Tests(ITs).
- Improve performance of the code by load testing using internal frameworks.
- Follow best design practices at every stage from planning to shipping the code to productions.
- Peer code reviews and collaborate with the developers for code quality improvement.
- Collaborate with frontend and QA teams and take ownership for e2e delivery of the featuresImprove your domain knowledge in the blockchain and keep improving the product from engineering perspective.
- Participate in developer events and contribute to company open source projects.
👀 What are we looking for?
- Master or Bachelor degree in CSE/IT or related specialisations from premier colleges.
- Strong fundamentals in DSA, Database systems, Operating Systems, Distributed computing, Cryptography & Network securityGood knowledge of writing SQL & No-SQL queries.
- Good knowledge in OOP & System design.
- Excellent programming skills in any one of the mainstream programming languages Python/Java/C++/Golang/Rust.
- Internship or project experience during academics is good to have.
- Good to have knowledge/contributions in Blockchain domain but not mandatory.
- Good to have: Open Source contributions, participation in Google Summer of Code etc.
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, numerous learning & development initiatives where Merkle Science invests in employee development, and working hours that we have not heard a single complaint against. We respect your weekends too. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental well-being as well.
On the compensation front, we admire talent and believe in rewarding people for their inputs. Our compensation is best in class, and the whole process will be transparent from the very minute we speak to you.