This position supports the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center (AFLCMC) and Air Force Material Command (AFMC) at the Detachment 3 location in Poway, CA. This position is centric to Audio Multiple Level Security (MLS) Capability in the GCS.
- Act as engineering team leader or supervisor, developing engineering procedures and controls, managing project efforts, and taking the lead in problem resolution for aircraft research, development, production, and lifecycle acquisition and sustainment activities
- Interface with weapons system Contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of engineering activities
- Independently apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, oversee, and evaluate weapons system development and sustainment activities
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation
- Provide engineering expertise, oversight, and participation to activities involving weapons system and associated support equipment hardware/software development, integration and test, configuration management, quality assurance testing, and acquisition and resource management.
- Knowledge of development and sustaining engineering for RPAs, similar vehicles, and associated systems, subsystems and ground control stations; development of long range plans, road maps and mission area plans; processes required to analyze operational capability requirements and determine adequate technical solutions; the integration of radar systems, Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensors, weapons, and other payloads/stores; processes necessary to support environmental requirements; and all aspects of RPAs, similar systems and associated ground control stations development and supportability.
- Masters Degree in a related field
- 10 years of relative experience (may have Bachelors degree + 14 years experience)
- 5 years of experience must be on DoD programs
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Must be proficient in the MS Office productivity suite of software