Director of Finance and Government Compliance
Solana Beach, CA
Merlin is looking for an energetic financial professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our finance leadership team in a rapidly growing Aerospace & Defense company.
We are looking for someone with exceptional talent and proven financial acumen. You will be a self-starter and enthusiastic team member eager to learn and grow with the company. Must be a highly efficient and responsible performer who is reliable and trustworthy.
As the Director, you will work directly with the CFO and Controller performing a variety of financial and government compliance activities including: Budgeting/Forecasting, Financial Reporting and DCAA/Cost Accounting. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain cross-functional financial experience and be challenged in a rapidly growing, results-driven environment.
- 5+ years’ hands on experience as a financial analyst/similar position in government accounting environment with DCAA compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Experience completing the Incurred Cost Proposal (using the DCAA ICE Excel file) and knowledgeable of DCAA, Federal procurement and contract closeout procedures
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related field is highly preferred
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis support for CFO and Controller
- Prepares annual ICE submission including performance of internal transaction reviews
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of companies’ cost accounting system
- Responsible for maintaining indirect rates in the accounting system
- Review of contracts and proposals for pricing and accounting compliance
- Liaises with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Proven FP&A skills
- Advanced skill level utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to learn and take on any tasks necessary to support the team
- Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills; proficient in English
- Must meet required deadlines from DCAA and various government agencies
- Good judgment and decision-making skills; maintain discretion/confidentiality
- Proficiency in fully integrated accounting systems (Unanet, Deltek or Costpoint) a plus
Must be able to gain US Citizenship and obtain a Security Clearance.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Merlin is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.