AFRICOM Support - Bell 412
Qualified Air Medic for OCONUS Operations – Extrication Qualified
Stabilize, transport, and transfers patients by aircraft. Candidate must be able to assesses the extent of illness or injury to stabilize the patient and prioritize follow-on medical procedures. Provides advanced life support care to patients who are ill and/or injured. Replenishes the aircraft with medical supplies after flights. Must be Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certified, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified, and Extrication Qualified.
Security Clearance Required
- Provides health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of a Physician Assistant, Physician, or Nurse Practitioner.
- Provides medical support as a flight medic during aero medical evacuations.
- Examines patients, performs physical exams.
- Documents and maintains patient records of services.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, management of infection, EKG’s.
- Renders direct patient care, including assessing, diagnosing, planning, prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment of health problems, health promotion and preventative care.
- Applies scientific knowledge to human treatment responses to actual or potential health problems.
- Participates in employee training and orientation programs.
- Plans and prepares for aero medical evacuation, personnel recovery (PR), and causality evacuation (CASEVAC) missions.
- Coordinates with operational mission planners for the safe evacuation of the patients from the originating mission to the destination facility.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- In-depth knowledge of security and life-saving medical procedures.
- Knowledge of advanced diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
- Knowledgeable of body recovery procedures, wound repair, to include anesthesia, nerve blocks, and suturing with proper aseptic technique.
- Have knowledge of general sick call procedures, radiological (basic) analysis, material inventory principles.
- Position requires OCONUS travel to perform duties and potentially work in austere locations.
- Security Clearance Required
- National Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification for United States citizen; certification must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed. (Required)
- Basic Life Support – BLS (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support –ACLS (Required)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support – PHTLS (Required)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support—ATLS (Desired)
- Able to complete and pass a Class III Flying Duty Medical Examination (required)
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience in the medical field as a medic dealing with lifesaving procedures (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Forward Operating Location sanitary requirements to maintain a healthy working environment (preferred).