A&P Mechanic with IA Qualification
AFRICOM Support - Bell 412
IA Qualified to work on Bell 412
Security Clearance Required
- Performs aircraft and assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and subassemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is completed.
- Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations.
- Review the aircraft and engine log books at all checks and list all pilot reports and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work cards.
- Perform required inspection functions during all checks such as airframe, and engine inspections called out on routine work cards; perform buy-back inspections on major items or non-routine work items; sign off log book, pilot reports and deferred maintenance items upon completion of work Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions.
- Certify the aircraft airworthiness after an inspection by signing the aircraft release. Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained.
- Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual.
- Submit recommendations for the elimination of recurrent mechanical deficiencies determined during aircraft inspection procedures and the elimination of unnecessary maintenance procedures as determined by practical experiences.
- Monitor all aircraft inspections record forms which are utilized in aircraft checks to ensure proper completion of all entries.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of Maintenance manuals and procedures in accordance with AOM Company and FAA regulations, Operations Specifications and any other related operational duty activities.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
- Able to interact with customer making sure their needs are being met and always ready to solve any problem it may arise with a friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Ensure appropriate communications with Operations in a timely and efficient method.
- Position requires travel to OCONUS to perform duties and potentially work in austere locations.
- Prepare to work scheduled and unscheduled hours in a rotational, on call schedule to cover 24/7 operation.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
- Other duties and task may be assigned by Site lead - Managers.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance (Required)
- High School Diploma (Required).
- FAA A&P License (Required)
- FAA IA License (Required)
- Ability to work in a team environment (Required)
- Ability to read engineering drawings (Required)
- FAA repair station experience required and Quality Assurance experience (Desired)
- Sheetmetal/structure repair experience desirable