UAV Crew Chief
The ideal candidate shall have a thorough understanding of all physical aspects of the aircraft and be proficient in the use of aircraft checklist, and perform duties using established processes and best practices used in military and/or commercial aviation.
- Knowledge and experience with Air Vehicle Systems and subsystems
- Knowledge and experience with Air Vehicle Technical Manuals (General Systems, Job Guides, Fault Isolation, etc…)
- 5+ years Flight Line or UAS flight operations experience
- Ability to perform line and site level maintenance and repair actions
- Maintain Air Vehicle System maintenance logs and configuration
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience installing and maintaining electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues, and ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Experience with ESD precautions and electrical safety measures.
- Experience using multimeter equipment to test electrical systems.
- Provide quality control reviews maintenance manuals. The Contractor shall provide customer feedback to include, but not limited to: risks, concerns, recommendations for future needs, etc. for government consideration to ensure manuals are accurate and meet user’s needs.
- Provide timely logistics and quality assurance recommendations.
Preferred Education/Experience Requirements:
- 4-6 years experience as Crew Chief Senior
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Qualified, Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Current secret security clearance
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Medical requirements – physical exam from licensed physician every 5 years determining that the individual can safely preform the specific operations for which they are certified (See GFR Instruction, DCMA 8210.1C 21 Aug 2013)