C-130J Crew Chief
Colorado Springs, CO
- Performs repair and replacement of Airframe and Powerplant system components and accessories.
- Performs Pre-Flight, Thru-Flight, and Post Flight Inspections, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and troubleshooting of aircraft
- Perform engine runs as applicable
- Follows established regulations, instructions, technical data, checklists, and safety procedures and processes
- Maintain complete and accurate maintenance records/documentation
- Conducts scheduled inspections and completes follow-up as required
- Repairs sheet metal or composite surfaces and assemblies
- Checks for and corrects corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, tail and other subassemblies IAW with applicable
instructions and directives
- Ensure proper operation and use of special test equipment and ground support equipment
- Responsible to adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage prevention rules and regulations.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Must be on time to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Work location: Colorado Springs, CO
Must have A&P license
Must own a basic set of aircraft maintenance tools
Must have or be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Active security clearance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be familiar with aircraft systems, tools, drawings, schematics, and normal safety requirements
- Quality Assurance experience a plus
- FAA A&P License
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management and/or implied by task
All work is performed in accordance with applicable manufacturer maintenance manuals, company directives, our other approved data.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Merlin Global Services Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)