FMS Systems Engineering and Armament Support
This position supports the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center (AFLCMC) and Air Force Material Command (AFMC) at the Detachment 3 location in Poway, CA. This position will be a Senior Systems Engineer for the MQ-9 Reaper's FMS case with the United Kingdom and requires the knowledge and experience in integrating new capabilities and armament into existing hardware on a mature platform.
- Responsible for providing systems engineering advisory support for the design, planning, and execution of assigned programs (including Quick Reaction Capability programs) involving weapon system, subsystems and equipment as it relates to new capability integration. Will support program technical interchange meetings, program management reviews, executive management reviews, test-related meetings, lab and flight test events, integrated product team meetings, software/hardware design reviews, platform integration meetings, etc.
- Developing system engineering procedures and controls, managing project efforts, and taking the lead in problem resolution for weapons integration efforts. Shall interface with the AFSEO (Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office - Air Force Office for Aircraft Stores Release) and the Non-Nuclear Munitions Safety Board (NNMSB) to facilitate the safety certification of the MQ-9 Reaper with directed weapons and to plan/schedule weapons review and testing.
- Masters Degree in a related field
- 10 years of relative experience (may have Bachelors degree + 14 years experience)
- 5 years of experience must be on DoD programs
- Must possess and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Must be proficient in the MS Office productivity suite of software