Colorado Springs, CO
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE
The mechanic will maintain, repair, and modify structural components on C130J model aircraft. The qualified applicant must have the experience and ability to perform the following: Experience in aircraft structural repair, fabrication, modification, and installation of parts, items, and assemblies by interpreting technical data using engineering drawings, blue prints, or manufacturers drawings/manuals. The Mechanic will plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification. Mechanic must be a qualified aviation sheet metal mechanic with experience in aviation sheet metal, hardware installation such as rivet/blind rivet installation, HI-Loc installation, etc. The candidate must have a common knowledge of tooling required for performance of aircraft structural work. Additional job duties are required but not limited to: performs corrosion control, maintenance inspections, miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, tow and jack aircraft.
- Strong aircraft structures knowledge and skill is required for this position.
- Work in a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performing a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc
- Must be able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, measurement gauges and calipers, etc
- Must be able to use common hand tools: drills, reamers, debarring tools, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of sheet metal tooling, equipment, materials, and processes
- Must own basic set of aircraft maintenance tools
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while maintaining a high level of quality
- Must have or be able to attain an Active Secret Security Clearance
- 5+ years structural sheet metal experience.
- Heavy modification/integration/repair sheet metal experience on aircraft
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience working on a C-130J; preferred
- A&P certificate