Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Merlin is an early stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft!
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Are you an experienced full stack software engineer looking for an opportunity to work on more than just another CRUD application? Do you love working with users to go from a napkin sketch to “this is amazing software”? What if the software helps fly an autonomous airplane? If all of this sounds exciting, you might be a good fit for the team in a Full Stack Software Engineer role here at Merlin.
- Lead development of the full stack software tools that enable us to build our autonomy systems, including front- and back-end components, data models, services, APIs, and libraries.
- Design and build new tools for projects like flight software test and simulation, interactive flight data analysis, and cockpit layout prototyping.
- Maintain and improve existing tools, such as our flight test engineering interface application.
- Champion the UX process and build consensus on design with our engineering, flight test, and pilot teams, and other interested stakeholders.
- Work with Typescript (React and Next.js), Docker, Python, GraphQL, Postgres, Three.js / WebGL, and a little C++.
- Collaborate across Merlin to develop novel, certifiable systems to solve the toughest problems in aviation and autonomy.
- Extensive experience with front-end, API layer, or rendering frameworks such as React, GraphQL, or Three.js / WebGL.
- Experience building responsive web applications.
- Experience with version control such as git and working from a Linux terminal.
- At least two years of experience shipping high quality, production software.
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and build new things from idea to product in a fast-paced environment.
- BS in Computer Science, another relevant engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on autonomous vehicle systems and related software, such as message passing frameworks like ROS and simulation environments like Gazebo.
- Experience creating wireframes and interactive prototypes using tools like Figma.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.