Senior IT Systems Administrator
Business Operations – Business Operations /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
- As the Merlin Senior IT systems Administrator, you will be responsible for four key areas :
- Installation and configuration of Windows, Mac, and Linux laptops and desktops
- Maintenance of an evolving standard for configurations of new systems
- Automation of rollout tasks where appropriate
- Google Workspace, including managing users, groups, SSO, folder structures and permissions
- Administration of Office365, including managing users, groups, SSO, folder structures and permissions
- Onboarding and offboarding of Merlin Employees in a timely manner
- Administration of additional cloud based business tools, including but not limited to: Slack, Zoom, Miro, Jira
- Assistance with the administration of specialized software and hardware
- engineering tools.
- Actively monitoring Slack for incoming service requests
- Triage of priority service requests while managing overall new-hire related work
- Tracking of IT service request backlog
- Maintaining stock of IT equipment for new hires
- Reordering equipment when stock is low
- Tracking of hardware and software inventory
- Negotiating purchase of hardware and software tools
1. Administration of user laptops (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
2. Administration of a wide range of cloud based services, including:
3. Responsibility for triage and resolution of incoming service requests, including hardware
and software troubleshooting.
4. Management of the IT hardware and software inventory, including maintaining suitable
stock levels to support our pace of hiring.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.