Process Quality Assurance Engineer
Certification and Quality – Certification and Quality /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
The Process Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring software, complex hardware, and systems necessary to support certification are developed according to approved processes. This entails contributing to the development of the plans, performing audits of the processes, and participating in reviews with regulatory agencies.
- Perform quality/process assurance audits during software, firmware/complex hardware and system development life cycles to ensure ongoing compliance to standards such as DO-178C, DO-254, and other relevant FAA/EASA certification standards.
- Develop and implement internal Process Assurance documentation - including the Software Quality Assurance Plan (SQAP) and the Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP) - in alignment with industry guidelines.
- Monitor and audit all aspects of software development including planning, design and development, configuration management, verification, and validation in compliance with released plans and industry standards.
- Collaborate with engineering groups to develop processes and required documentation to meet RTCA/DO-178C objectives.
- Conduct Stage of Involvement (SOI) audits as the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) representative and participate in Milestone Reviews with regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the development of company-wide processes and supporting documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in Process Assurance, Software Quality Assurance, Development Assurance, or equivalent quality assurance roles
- BS in Engineering, Quality Assurance or related fields
- Experience with RTCA DO-178C
- Experience working with the FAA or other regulatory agencies
- Strong analytical and management background
- DO-254, ARP4754A, and ARP4761 experience
- Experience working on Part 23, 25, 27, or 29 certification projects
- Software Configuration Management experience
- Requirements management experience
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.