Head of Business Development - DoD
Business Development – Business Development /
Merlin Labs is looking for a Head of Business Development to grow our presence & momentum with our DoD partners to adopt autonomy into their aircraft platforms. We recently raised a $100M Series B and are looking to expand Merlin’s capabilities and influence in the market.
The Head of Gov’t Sales will work directly with Merlin’s partners to define the future of aerial autonomy, including developing requirements and concept of operations. This position works closely with the CEO and CTO to inform the company's road map, and contributes to product planning.
We are looking for a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to build from first principles, receive and incorporate feedback, is comfortable with a constantly changing and evolving startup environment, and passionate about aviation and autonomous flight as the next big paradigm shift that will impact humanity.
- Work closely with the CEO and VP of Business Operations to develop targeted lists, outreach strategies, and messaging.
- Generate new business opportunities by prospecting into cold accounts and warm leads at some of the largest DoD customers and stakeholders.
- Conduct high level conversations with the department of heads leadership
- Achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly quotas of qualified opportunities.
- Be comfortable in ambiguous environments: You are going to be working on selling novel products.
- Cross functional and executive influence: Experience with creating, developing, and communicating executive level materials while driving accountability.
- Quantifying business needs and developing metrics. Proven track record of delivering performance against goals consistently and predictably.
- Passionate about what you do and you are able to think outside of the box
- Big picture thinker
- 5+ years of experience selling new and innovative products to the DoD
- Experience working with customers to identify existing and emerging requirements
- Excellent written communication skills, naturally articulate and able to be creative in the solutions that we build to solve customer pain.
- Extremely flexible with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Proven success in building robust pipelines and exceeding quotas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience with autonomy or robotics
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.