Human Factors Engineer
Boston, Denver, or Mojave /
Certification and Quality – Certification and Quality /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Who you are:
You are a human factors engineer looking for an opportunity to bring your knowledge and experience to build and certify cutting edge aviation products.
- Write and review reports for internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with our engineering, certification, and pilot groups to define requirements, build prototypes, and perform human factors studies.
- Contribute to outreach and collaboration activities with research organizations, industry groups, regulators, and suppliers relevant to our work in human factors.
- BS in Human Factors, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years experience in aviation human factors.
- Ability to design and conduct human factors studies.
- Ability to analyze data and report findings from human factors studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with regulators to understand and define regulatory needs for novel interfaces and operations
- MS or PhD in Human Factors, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Ability to design and build prototypes (physical and digital) of human-machine interfaces
- A record of publication in human factors or related journals and/or conferences
- Experience as a pilot
- Full-time remote.
- Travel to support lab, flight test, and certification activities as needed (20% or less).
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.