Software Tools and Applications, Intern
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Are you interested in developing tools and applications that enable testing of embedded autonomous flight software? Looking to take part in the development of the technology that truly enhances the world you live in? Would you like to apply the skills you are learning at school to advance the development of this software? If so, you might be a good fit as a software intern on the avionics software team here at Merlin Labs.
- Help develop the application to log flight software simulation and real data to an SQL database and provide data graphing and visualization through use of tools such as Grafana.
- Use internal procedures and processes to develop applications to upload data to SQL based databases.
- Document the details of the procedures.
- Integrate the database to produce visualization of its logged data.
- Continuously present implementations, gather feedback from teams and refine implementations.
- Will have completed sophomore year of bachelors by June 2023 or enrolled in master’s program studying computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics or any other engineering major.
- Database experience (SQL)
- Experience with GitHub, and Python
- Familiar with embedded software development
- Familiar with C#.NET application development
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- MATLAB/Simulink experience
- Docker experience
$25 - $30 an hour
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.