Senior Systems Engineer
Boston, Denver, or Mojave /
Engineering – Systems Engineering /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
Are you an experienced systems engineer looking for something that you just can’t find in big aerospace? Do you dream about drawing architecture and defining requirements from a blank slate? Are you obsessed with system safety? If so, you might be a good fit for the team in a Senior Systems Engineer role here at Merlin.
- Participate in the development of concepts of operation, system architecture (including functional and physical architectures), system requirements, and system interfaces for Merlin products. On this small, agile team, you will own significant pieces of these activities yourself.
- Work across the safety, hardware, and software teams to capture, document, and communicate requirements and interfaces.
- Perform system level verification and validation activities.
- Write and maintain systems engineering development plans and processes.
- Participate in reviews of artifacts with regulatory authorities as required.
- BS in Aerospace, Electrical, or Systems Engineering or a related subject, MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience conducting systems engineering in FAA/EASA certification programs (6+ years with MS degree).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex architectural and systems engineering related problems.
- Hands-on experience in certifying avionics equipment using ARP4754A and RTCA DO-178B/C for flight critical systems.
- Specific experience in the area of Automatic Flight Controls, Flight Management, or Display Systems.
- Specific experience in developing software requirements and performing software verification.
- Working knowledge of FAA/EASA regulations is a plus.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.