Simulation Software Engineer
Boston, Denver, or Mojave /
Engineering – Simulation /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Who you are:
You habitually take ownership of a task or significant engineering effort, defining, scoping and leading it to completion, collaborating and requesting help when needed. In return, you seek an innovative startup that values its employees and invests in their professional development.
You are interested in building cutting-edge simulation technology in an autonomous aviation context. From software powering equipment for integration testing, to piloted flight simulators and training platforms providing synthetic sensor data, this role has high breadth and nearly unlimited depth in each of our focus areas.
- You’ll develop the simulation environment and also adapt it to power systems benches, desktop testing environments, piloted simulators, and cloud environments.
- You'll collaborate with teammates on improving graphics and terrain pipelines to harmonize our sensor and visual models.
- You'll work across the engineering organization to integrate models and hardware with our greater simulation suite.
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders in flight test, human factors, business development and engineering.
- You have a high level of competence in modern software engineering practices.
- You set standards, conduct code reviews and ensure appropriate levels of testing and continuous integration for projects within your purview.
- Aviation background (e.g. a pilot's license or in previous employment)
- Robotics or simulation experience, especially in a robotics machine learning context
- Performance engineering or distributed systems experience
- Experience with React and front-end development
- Simulink experience, especially integrating Simulink with other C++ applications
- Experience configuring continuous integration
- Graphics engine experience, especially Unreal via the C++ API or in managing Unreal as a render farm
Please don't be dissuaded if you do not meet the above preferred qualifications-- we welcome you to apply!
Location: This role is remote with approximately twice-a-quarter travel expected. Hybrid work options are available in Boston, Denver, and Mojave
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.