Los Angeles /
Business Operations – Business Operations /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
You are a DevOps engineer with a background in robotics or hardware focused systems. You have a passion for designing software defined infrastructure in the cloud. You’re excited to build technology from the ground up and into the sky! You relish the opportunity to partner in building out a growing DevOps team.
You want to support a premier autonomous flight engineering team to deliver robust reliable architecture without the flood of alerts you might get in other run-of-the-mill DevOps roles.
- As a Merlin DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for serving as a primary liaison between our software engineering teams and our IT infrastructure team.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for our Windows and Linux based software development teams with a focus on supporting Merlin’s Windows environments
- Automate and improve software build and deployment to our test systems, from software-in-the-loop all the way up to flight test aircraft.
- Propose, prototype, and implement new tools and infrastructure to help the company work more efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinate between our software, flight test, and IT teams to ensure tools and infrastructure support all of our activities.
- Build out internal observability and monitoring alerts for cloud infrastructure (that generally don’t need answering during nights or weekends!)
- Document and communicate work to encourage uptake of new tools around the team.
- BS in Computer Science or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Demonstrable deep experience with: Cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS or Azure, Windows environments, Docker, fluency with Python, Git, CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions or Jenkins, Terraform (or similar tools such as Pulumi or Cloud Formation), Ansible (or similar tools such as Chef or Puppet), Automated software testing, monitoring and observability, PowerShell, Linux, BASH, Knowledge of networking and network security best practices.
- Experience with software products that include a physical systems component, such as aircraft, robotics, or medical devices.
- Experience automating software development utilizing Matlab and Simulink
- Experience managing data ETL pipelines
- Experience delivering and managing software and testing artifacts for FAA certified systems
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.