Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Flight Test – Flight Test /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
We seek an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Technician to assure aircraft maintenance upkeep, materials and practices conform to the FAA, Merlin engineering, and manufacturers’ standards of quality.
Are you an experienced A&P Mechanic looking for a change? An opportunity for ownership and ability to mentor and grow junior mechanics? You might be a good fit for our small impactful team here at Merlin.
- Read and interpret airframe and engine maintenance manuals.
- Perform Aircraft maintenance both inside and outside of a hanger environment.
- Ensure that all aircraft maintenance work, material, and practices conform to FAA, Engineering, Company, and manufacturers standard of quality.
- Maintain Safe and Clean working environment by complying with Merlin & FAA procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure the proper use of all equipment and full compliance and understanding of all safety rules and regulations.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Mechanic.
- Work closely with other mechanics, hardware/software engineers, and flight crew to execute test flights for implementation of experimental products.
- A&P License (Must Have)
- 2+ years of experience supporting Aircraft
- Preferred background/exposure with Cessna Caravans
- Open to Rotary wing A&P
- Open to military candidates with aviation experience and A&P License
- Positive work attitude
- Commitment to maintain a culture of safety
- Not required but desired for training and executing test flights
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.