Technical Program Manager
Boston, Denver, or Mojave /
Engineering – Project Management /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
Who you are:
You are a person who can both hold strategy and drive outcomes. You’ve likes to help teams get things done? Are you the kind of person who can go zero to one on process, and adjust the system to make sure folks have what they need to win? Do you hold a high standard, have a low ego, and a spike for communication and ensuring stakeholders feel like they’re informed and in the mix? If you love fixing problems and always keep vigorous focus on the outcome, you might be a good fit for the team in a Program Manager role here at Merlin.
- This role’s key responsibility is the delivery of a major Merlin program: entry into commercial service of our first certified product.
- The program manager partners with Merlin development, certification, commercial, and operational teams to drive the program to launch and sustain commercial operations..
- This role requires a strong program manager who can drive a mixed technical and operational team forward. Ability to work closely across multiple teams, and ensure program status is on track, on time, and on budget.
- Must have experience in customer facing roles with commercial air carriers as well as a broad understanding of aviation product development and certification processes.
- Responsible for working with Merlin subsidiaries to ensure alignment with part organizational certification operations.
- Experience managing supplier agreements through development, certification and In-Service Support.
- Experience with programmatic budget, risk, and schedule management.
- Ability to establish and report KPIs and ensure they're moved towards success.
- BS in a technical discipline
- 5-7 Years in aviation program management
- Expertise in managing complex projects and implementing creative development methodologies/ systems to track program progress.
- Experience decomposing strategic product plans into operational project plans for teams to implement.
- Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A real passion for developing strong partnerships and high functioning teams.
- Attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
- Ability to travel 25 – 50%.
- Experience as a pilot (former military or recreational).
- Experience in commercial airline operations
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.