Lead Software Engineer, Test Applications
Engineering – Avionics /
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
Are you a software engineer looking for something that you just can’t find in big aerospace? Do you believe you can build better aircraft systems using modern software development methods? Would you like to own a significant percentage of key systems for a new product? If so, you might be a good fit for the team in a Lead Software Engineer role here at Merlin.
- Responsible for leading the test applications development team in Design and development of software tools and applications for automatic testing, simulations, and other test environment tasks.
- Individually contribute to design, development, and troubleshooting of the test tools and applications
- Analyze system and software requirements to build compliant applications and keep them up to date - for example, to meet protocol and timing requirements of component interfaces.
- Drive the progress of the design, development, and validation of testing tools and applications
- Ensure documentation and validation of the test stations are performed per the company standards.
- Collaborate across Merlin to ensure test applications meet the needs of the cross-functional team.
- Assist in hiring and mentoring to lead a strong and collaborative test application software team
- Plan and communicate progress and timelines in meeting the project milestones to the larger team.
- BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related subject.
- 7+ years of experience in software development with demonstrable knowledge of C/C#/Python.
- 3+ years of experience in leading software teams in development of software tools and applications.
- Demonstrable ability to understand technical design documents and specifications.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technology, React and Docker Paas.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment with open-source software tools.
- Experience in verification testing for embedded software or hardware/software integration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in teams with DO-178 product development standards.
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink or Ansys SCADE model-based development.
- Experience developing certified software for flight control systems, flight management systems, or other safety critical avionics systems.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.