Staff Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
Meroxa's mission is to make real-time data architectures more approachable to all developers. Today, building real-time data infrastructure means choosing between taking 6+ months to integrate a commercial product, 6+ months with your most skilled engineers' time to cobble together open source projects, or hiring a specialized team of experts at $200k+ per person to build and maintain your systems. We believe everyone regardless of expertise, company size, or available resources should be able to leverage real-time data infrastructure in minutes not months.
We're looking for a Senior or Staff Product Manager to work on Meroxa's managed service offering. As the product lead for the Meroxa platform, you'll dig deep into how developers build data-centric applications and architectures and how Meroxa can be used to accelerate time-to-value. Also, as a critical member of the product management team, you'll be responsible for embodying Meroxa's values and product principles in every conversation.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Establish the product vision, strategy, metrics, and goals for your product areas
- Define and deliver compelling product roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic opportunities keeping all internal stakeholders and customers in the loop.
- Bring the "Why" to the table. You'll define the problem to solve and why we're prioritizing at that moment. You'll then leverage the "Why" to partner with Engineering and Design to collaborate on "what" gets built.
- Work with leadership to implement and foster strong product management practices.
- Mentor and share best practices with other product managers on the team.
- Foster a culture of feedback, inclusion, and product excellence.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring people together to build complex systems with simple, thoughtful experiences.
- You enjoy learning and understanding technical issues particularly those around distributed systems.
- Making decisions comes with understanding all viewpoints and using data to create consensus on an outcome.
- Strong communication skills come with the territory.
- You're customer-obsessed. Customer obsession at Meroxa means building meaningful relationships with our customers and being there as a means to help customers solve their problems.
- Ideally have had experience building data infrastructure or developer tools.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salaries - We know you're in high demand, so we aim to be in the top 10% of salaries based on what you'd make as a Silicon Valley engineer.
- Remote work - Work from where you want to inside the continental US. We've been a remote first company from day one. Also, we supply whatever hardware and software you need to do your job from home.
- Health, dental, & vision - Meroxa offers PPO and HMO plans for you, your family, or domestic partner. We pay 75% and you pay 25%
- Unlimited vacation - We know you'll love working at Meroxa so much that you'll want to stay heads down every day and night but seriously we want you to take the time you need to bring your best self to work.
- Paid parental leave - When you welcome a new baby, Meroxa encourages you to take up to 16 weeks leave as primary caregiver and up to 6 weeks leave as secondary caregiver, at 100% paid salary.
- And more... We're constantly looking at ways we can improve our employee experience through service offerings(401k, student loan payback, discount programs, self service training, mental health, etc...)
Meroxa was founded by DeVaris Brown and Ali Hamidi. We've spent years working together building the world's best PaaS experience for web apps at Heroku and want to bring that same magical experience to the data ecosystem.
We've been building our platform since early 2020 and are backed by some amazing investors(Drive, Root Ventures, Amplify Partners, Village Global, and Hustle Fund) and angels who've been in senior engineering and leadership roles at companies like GitHub, Looker, Heroku, Datadog, Autodesk, WePay, and TheRealReal.