Senior Front-end Engineer
Organize and contextualize all crypto information on a global scale
At Messari, we’re building an analytical platform that empowers users to make fully-informed decisions in the world of crypto. We make this easy by extracting, parsing, and curating myriads of data and presenting them in an intuitive way. Data integrity is one of our core pillars.
Who we are:
We are a fully remote team with members spanning across New York, California, France, and Spain. Our culture is open and flexible. We believe that team collaboration and a genuine passion for helping each other out is the best way to work. We build robust data pipelines to process complex real-time data from which we present information using a simple and intuitive UI/UX. Our team thrives on diverse viewpoints, so we invite talented folks who are passionate about building robust system to apply, even if they feel they don’t meet all of the criteria.
What we do:
- Build intuitive web user experiences using React, TypeScript, Apollo GraphQL, and Material-UI
- Continuously deploy our code using Netlify, CircleCI and aim to keep our deployment times down to a matter of minutes
- Love experimenting and finding the right tools for the job(e.g.,building Storybook components for shareability and testability)
- Come up with interesting solutions to a growing problem space(e.g., building and visualizing a domain model to categorize and organize the entire sprawling crypto space containing stablecoins, privacy coins, ERC20 tokens, and much more)
- Collaborate to build simple and beautiful UI/UX
What we’d like to see from you:
- Passionate about building intuitive UI/UX and empathizes with the end user
- Takes ownership in your work and take pride in finding solutions for when things go wrong
- Hold yourself to a high standard and are intellectually curious
- Empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
- Have at least 3 years of professional engineering experience
Projects you could work on:
- Sever-side-rendering! – Revamp the entire site to be server-side-rendered to drastically improve on page load speeds and SEO
- Charts! – Build a visualization experience enabling users to build, compare, and visualize charts across hundreds of real-time metrics
- Theming! – Refactor the entire codebase to provide the ability to switch between multiple themes and standardize the styling system in the same process
- GraphQL! – Improve performance of the webpage by modularizing components and building tailor specific GraphQL queries for each module with the goal of decreasing bandwidth payload and increase shareability
What’s it like to work at Messari?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
- Enjoy awesome, comprehensive benefits; unlimited PTO; and the ability to work remotely
At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.