Software Engineer (Backend)
Global Remote /
If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
We are hiring for multiple backend software engineer positions.
- Experience in Clojure (or a strong desire to learn)
- Track record of shipping products of significant complexity
- Solid CS background (acquired through either a CS program or shipping software in a production setting)
- Able to make good technical judgements and back them up articulately
- Nice to have: Experience with JDBC and database integrations
- Nice to have: Experience and knowledge of the Java ecosystem and JVM tuning
- Nice to have: history of open source contributions
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.