Product Manager (Growth)
Product and Design /
If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
We're far from done in making that experience seamless, at least for our standards. So we're looking for a Product Manager with a focus on Growth to make it frictionless for people who are new to Metabase – irrespective of how technical they are – to be up and running quickly, and spread it throughout their organizations. They'd be working on our core product, optimizing for activation and retention in thoughtful, user-aligned ways.
- Obsessively find friction points in user onboarding and adoption across different segments, using quantitative data and plenty of customer conversations.
- Creatively identify angles to better fit our audiences, be it pricing, language or functionality.
- Turn those learnings into an actionable roadmap and contextualize the work for the team.
- Work closely with a designer, data analyst and engineers to design the experiments and initiatives in that roadmap, build them, evaluate results and iterate.
- Honor the Zen of Metabase, avoiding short-term hacks and emphasizing long term, user-aligned value.
- A simplifier
- Biased towards action and outcomes. No points for busywork.
- Excited to work asynchronously in a global team (lots of reading and writing).
- Able to switch between the big picture and details multiple times a day
Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience in a growth product role, in consumer or SaaS.
- To be numerate and have experience running experiments and evaluating results
- To be technical enough to understand how we fit into the space (eg the differences between BI and Product Analytics, between open source and SaaS)
- Skills you don’t need: experience in the Analytics space, Design, Product Marketing, Programming, Parkour.
We're a global team (50% outside of the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to Hawaii), who gets things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers.
We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks.