Software Engineer in Test
Metabase is bringing data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data as well as a suite of tools to deal with the complexity that arises as they grow.
We're looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us build out a testing framework that helps increase our confidence and quality of ongoing releases. As with any product, maintaining a high quality bar is important to us, but specifically in the context of Analytics we work to help our customers build trust with their internal and external customers of Metabase. As such, your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and the product.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Metabase fully supports remote employees and we have folks across the globe.
About the role
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage
- Setup and maintain our testing infrastructure
- Write and maintain Cypress tests for our frontend
- Perform QA testing on new releases, both automated and manual
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage
- Help increase our level of code coverage throughout the product
- Help build reproduction scenarios for customer issues
- Strong experience using Cypress
- Strong experience with analytics, ideally Metabase :)
- Experience in React and/or Clojure
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Relevant work experience in software development and/or test automation
Working at Metabase
We’re small, engineering led and you’ll be joining at a pivotal time in the company. You’ll get:
-Amazing views from our beautiful
downtown San Francisco office Zoom channel.
-Great benefits and substantial equity in a venture funded company.
-Folks that care about building a great product and team.